June 2, 2009
ordercorner food delivery
We, at www.ordercorner.com, are always trying to save our clients money or work within their catering budgets. Here are some of the tips our catering experts use.
- Cold food will typically be less expensive than hot food. Boring you might say but not necessarily so. For example, how about a display of interesting wraps or interesting entrée salads served with hearty, wholesome bread rolls, or a taco bar.
- Know the portion sizes of your selected food caterer and the appetite of your audience. Often times, you can save by reducing the number of portions ordered of say a side salad. For example if you have 25 people attending an event, order a sandwich platter for 25 but only order 15 of an extra side salad.
- Keep a look out for all inclusive packages. These often represent outstanding values and will include all that you need.
- Trays are generally very economical. A tray that serves say 20-25 may in fact serve 30 people.
- Save money with drinks: order 2 liter bottles of soda or pitchers of water rather than individual cans/bottles.
- Avoid food catering services with percentage delivery fees if you party is large. If a delivery fee is necessary then look for a flat fee.
- Pick up or carry out can save delivery fees which often makes sense if your event is small or last minute.
- Use attractive disposables rather than china and glass as this will generally eliminate any set up fee.
- Place a small (aka lower cost) floral arrangement on a box, cover with the table cloth and it immediately stands out and makes a great impression.
- Invest in your own set of racks, water pans and sternos if you order hot food regularly. This will often pay for its self multiple times.
Want us to do it for you? Then just give us a call on 1 866 926 7637 or tell us what you want, and your budget, by completing our catering order form (log in or create an account first).
Happy budget ( but successful!) catering